Friday, October 22, 2010

Top Secret Clearance for USMC MOS 02xx?

I've recently DEP'd into the Marine Corps and have signed a contract for 02xx. For either of the MOS's that are available you need a Top Secret Clearance. However, I've previously used marijuana. I used it pretty frequently for about 6 months stopping about 8-9 months ago with 1 use about 3 months ago. Will this disqualify me? I've finally learned how stupid it is to smoke marijuana as getting caught with it could close so many doors to my life and no longer have any desire to smoke or be around it. I've even distanced myself from friends that are constant users.



I've also never had any run ins with the law except a one-way ticket that was ACD'd. I've asked my recruiter, he says I'll have no problem but I just wanted a second opinion.



Also, if I don't get clearance will my asvab score play into me not being made into a cook? (not that theirs anything wrong with being a cook, just not for me)Top Secret Clearance for USMC MOS 02xx?
Did you disclose this use to your recruiter and is it noted in your record this is very important.



If not and they do the check and find out you are done, it makes you enlistment a fraud and say good bye period.



When I got my TS they went back to my grade school and to all my neighbors and old friends...ensure this is in your record that you used...and if you say once and they find out different...it could spell real trouble for you. And yes your ASVAB score will play in any job you get.



Good luck, and let me know when you become a brother and a marine.

Simper FiTop Secret Clearance for USMC MOS 02xx?
Today they normally don't even investigate for a security clearance since 911 they just get big piles of them so they turn around and say ';sign it Bob.'; The investigation is now done through a automated system of questionnaires that the Office Personnel Management has now been charged with and if they read your envelope they just skim.



If they really do your polygraph there will be a problem, and if you ever piss out after the fact you will get 24 to 72 months.
If you didn't tell them you better pray they don't find out. If you did tell them things still don't look very good.
I believe cooks in the Marine Corps went the way of the buggy whip !

No comments:

Post a Comment