Friday, October 22, 2010

How do you get back your intelligence after doing drugs off and on for the past 10 years?

My brain feels fried like slush and I definitely feel a whole stupider. Ive done marijuana, cocaine, shrooms, and painkillers because I used to hate my life. I stopped doing all these things about 6 months ago, and now I will never go back to them. The thing is, now that Im ready to live my life, My thoughts are not intelligent anymore. My brain feels like its cooked. I cant sleep. It takes me 10 times longer to process information than it used to. My head actually starts heating up when I have to think things quickly. Im 27 now, but know I cant live the rest of my life this way. Is there anybody I can see that can help with the brain? Other than a psychologist or psychiatrist? Already tried them. Dont want to be on meds since my brain is now functioning at such a low level. I shutter to think it will always be this way. Please help. I cant live like this. I know i made bad choices. I think this may be permanent brain damage. I need to see someone badHow do you get back your intelligence after doing drugs off and on for the past 10 years?
consult a good doctorHow do you get back your intelligence after doing drugs off and on for the past 10 years?
find a ds and a brain age game and play all day

Report Abuse


Did you ever see the commercial with the egg. This is your brain on drugs. Now you know why they used the egg. You have fried your brain. you may or may not get some of it back. Make good choices from now on. Stay off drugs and get counseling.
Well first thing go to the doctor and ask him, and from what your typing you seem like you can understand and write good, so I would study, exersise HELPS ALOT and get freinds, your brain wont heal completly and It will make you feel a heck of alot better
think about taking a class in something that interests you for starter. There have been several studies showing that brain exercise helps many with memory problems, though I am not sure it would help due to drugs. See a doctor or talk with a counselor. You are on the right track. I wish you all the luck in the world.
I really feel for you. I am an ex-addict myself of pain pills. However, I don't feel I have lost my ';snap';. Thank goodness I got help and got off the things. Anyway, once you've done damage to your brain it's not likely you are going to ever be what you once were. I transcribe medical dictation for a living and have typed many reports on folks with the same problem you are complaining of. Most of the cases that the physicians feel are salvageable are referred to Neurologists. They have the tools and tests to use to determine the extent of the possible damage. I hope the best for you. And don't let anyone slam dunk you and belittle you for what you went through in life. The important thing NOW is that you don't touch the stuff anymore. I avoid the stuff like the plague, because that is exactly what it is. All the best.
fear not......the egg analogy is somewhat correct, but it is unlikely from the chemicals that you have done that you have ';fried your brain';. Eat healthy, get plenty of aerobic exercise, and a good eight hours or so of sleep every nite, lots of water daily. Six months is NOT a long time after 10 years of abuse...it took me about three years to get ';normal'; again...whatever normal means.... lol. I trust you are in some sort of a program as well!! Give it time....my guess is that you will be fine...most people recover from abuse...It just takes time and effort...but not nearly as much as you probably put into staying high.
Damaged brain cells can't heal BUT, the brain does have a remarkable ability to ';re-wire'; itself.



As you brain chemistry (your brain chemistry will be f***ked for a good while yet) returns to a more normal state, you will find that you can think more clearly.



One thing you may be able to do that could speed up this process is to find subject of study (electronics, law, etc...) and dive in as deep as you can. Do serious study that requires a great amount of concentration.
Take massive amounts of anti-oxidents, go to GNC and find the strongest ones
step by step,probably this things were stimulative now you have to pay your doping periods with (temporary) slowness
Try 3d puzzles, sudoku, and other mentally challenging games. Skip the Parker Brothers type board games and video games.

Take some adult ed classes. Jog, swim, lift weights. Eat protein foods--eggs, tuna, etc, and high vitamin foods...oranges, grapefruit, blackberries, blueberries. Read Discover, National Geographic, and similar magasines...and make sure that you understand every word in every article.

Go to school...and get a mentally taxing job.
i kind of know what you are going throw my uncle did drugs and got in trouble so i can and cant help you on this
Try going to a NA meeting. many people are there to help. Not just counslers, but people just like you, and they probably have some of the same problems.
Alright check it out.....GO BACK TO SCHOOL !!! It's true... OH it's soooo true. I speak from experience. If only basic college courses with no real direction known, it is'nt as if you are going to hurt yourself in any way. It worked for me, well, at any rate--- I feel better about myself, and I have the confidence to socialize, speak freely on topics of intellectual stimulating matters !!! Ha Ha Ha .... True story. Wishing the very best to you in all you endeavors, God bless.
Ok first just by writing this answer fourm shows signs of intelligence. Second seeking help also intelligence. Here is what helped me and I used hard drugs for many many years as well and have too felt this fried feeling at times. Getting in shape and exercising will greatly help you I promise. Doing things to improve your life will also help. Take some time everyday to think to yourself and meditate maybe on the day at hand, and drink plenty of water as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment