Friday, October 22, 2010

How to deal with this or move out?

I'm past my rebellious teen stage %26amp; got along better with my mom when I graduated from HS. things have changed. She's making decisions that I don't agree w/. Such as, dating a guy that smokes marijuana %26amp; deals drugs. I have made it clear that I don't like this guy or want him smoking near our house. She says she'll tell him to quit smoking or she won't be with him, but she is STILL with him %26amp; he still smokes here. She always told me to hang around good ppl, now she is being a hypocrite. I am trying hard to find a summer job bc she expects me to buy my own food, etc. She also never cooks for me, only enough for her and her BF or they eat out. She rarely talks to me and when she does, she complains about little things. I'm always in my room or outbc I don't want to deal w/ them. Im home for summer but I can't stand her, idk if I should move out or just deal w/ it til summer ends. after this summer, im staying in the city of my school permanently. i just don't know how to deal with this.How to deal with this or move out?
Depending on how long u have left i would say just put up. Otherwise just stay with freinds or family.How to deal with this or move out?
YOu know everyone makes mistakes. If your out of HS you should be moving out on your own. Why on Earth at your age do you think she should cook for you anymore? Mercy you got some issues!
Listen son, this is a tough thing for you to hear, but your Mom is an adult and she has the right to make her own decisions. She obviously sees something in this man that you don't and you are being overly protective of her. Do you drink or do drugs ? If not, you still don't have the right to tell her what to do or expect her to live up to your expectations. I think you should go out and live on your own or with some friends if you are old enough and let her live the life she wants. Smoking pot is not the end of the world, but dealing drugs is a serious situation and can lead to lengthy jail terms ( which would end hers and his relationship , toute suite ). If you are in the US, even pot can get you 20 years or more in jail which we in Canada don't have to worry about. Is he dealing so that he can get a better price for himself as a lot of Pot smokers do that to alleviate the expense. If he is dealing other drugs like crack or meth or worse then he sounds like a real piece of S***t and maybe you should drop a dime on him but that can lead to a plethora of other problems like threats to you or your Mom or both. It's time to leave the nest little brother and let your Mom live her own life. Remember we were not put on this earth to pass judgement on others especially our parents as hard as that seems to be as you sound as you really care but ultimately you will have to let go. Good Luck and Move on !!!!!!!!
Your mom sounds like she trying to re-live her teen age years. You should love her but this isn't right. You'd be better off without her. Maybe some day she'll come back to her senses and want to work things out with you. I would move back to the city now and forget this ever happen.
You are a grown up,,, like it or not... Move out, and if you cannot afford to, then you are going to have to put up with it...Did you ever consider calling the authorities?



Most people I think consider their families dis-functional. I doubt that yours is any different.
Buy your own house and pay your own bills - then you might feel like taking a hit with them every now and then.
First thing you should do is find a time to talk to your mom without her bf. Explain to her that you are concerned about her. If her bf is caught with drugs in the house or on the property, she can lose her house. Most states seize the property of drug dealers whether they own it or are just staying there. I recently kicked a friend of 20 years out of my house. He had been living here for 3 months and he was doing and dealing drugs in my garage. You can be an accessory if you stay there with him. If she isn't willing to keep him at arms length maybe you should move out. As much as you love her, you need to let her mistakes be her own, not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment