Friday, October 22, 2010

Ohio laws concerning pregnancy?

Well today I got a call from my case worker asking me how I have been %26amp; what's going on in the pregnancy. I am currently 38 weeks %26amp; 5 days pregnant, well she informed me that my urine has come back positive for marijuana. This came as a surprise to me seeing as I have not smoked any marijuana my entire pregnancy, I haven't even been in a room with people that have been smoking it. The only thing I can think of as to how it got into my system is through food. I recently found out a party I attended a few weekends ago had food, not just brownies, but food that had been cooked with marijuana butter. At the time I didn't think anything of it because it wasn't a party where kids were just present... people's parents were there %26amp; it was kind of a reunion type thing. All kinds of people were there, %26amp; people that don't smoke marijuana were eating some of these foods. Now I don't need to hear about how I have crappy friends for letting the pregnant girl eat food that contains marijuana, I already know this. That's not my point here...

When I talked to her, I didn't ask many questions due to being so surprised about the marijuana in my system in the first place. I told her the only way it could have gotten there was through food, she was very understanding %26amp; said it does happen %26amp; to just be careful, because it can stay in your system for up to 30 days, sometimes even longer with women that are pregnant. Well my due date is September 28th %26amp; my question is, she didn't say anything about legal action, she didn't seem to be to concerned to be honest. She just let me know %26amp; told me it's not safe to use marijuana while pregnant, which is something I already knew. But can I get in trouble or can my son be taken away because of this? Does anyone know the laws in Ohio? I've tried to look them up but haven't been able to find anything on the subject. They can check my levels %26amp; very obviously see that they drop everyday, because I do not smoke it. But the fact that it showed up in the first place, is that enough for them to take legal action?! I'm just a little worried about it all... I don't want to get in trouble or have to deal with the state because of something I wasn't even aware of.

If anyone knows anything on this subject, then your advise would be greatly appreciated!!

I was going to call my caseworker back tomorrow %26amp; ask her about this, but my mother told me I better not because then they might think I'm asking to many questions or that I do smoke... she's a worry wart %26amp; doesn't want any trouble with me either.

I don't know... anything would be helpful.Ohio laws concerning pregnancy?
There are a lot of false positives with drug tests. Ask to be tested again.Ohio laws concerning pregnancy?
Why do you have a caseworker in the first place? If they have concerns, they will test you and the baby when he is born. If there is any drug present, the state can take custody of him and put him in foster care until is sorted out, you do all classes and treatment. This isn't meant to scare you, but it is reality. I do foster care and see it all the time. Honesty with yourself and with the caseworker will be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment