Friday, October 22, 2010

Got caught hot boxing by police. Yeah, judge me all you want, I know I'm stupid, just please answer this.?

I got caught last night, by the police, hot boxing with two of my friends (we're all 17). We had about half a gram of marijuana and we were in a private parking lot in Cook County. We got our tickets, totaling $150, but I'm just wondering, will this appear on my credit history? Will my high school be notified about this? If it does appear on my credit history, how will that affect any future jobs I might want to pursue?Got caught hot boxing by police. Yeah, judge me all you want, I know I'm stupid, just please answer this.?
Your state may send citations to collections agencies, but this is more for parking violations and the like. If you do not respond to or pay the citation or if you make payment arrangements and default, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.



I don't know why everyone thinks your criminal record is ';expunged'; at 18. This is FALSE. To obtain court records of a juvenile case you need a court order, but it is not gone. The charges are on your rap sheet and in the court records forever, unless you actually file a petition to expunge them.



I ran a criminal history on a guy for DUI just a few days ago, and on his rap sheet were two retail thefts, possession of a small amount of marijuana, and a disorderly conduct, all separate charges, all before the age of 16.



You should request a hearing and either fight the citation or make payment arrangements. You also can appeal the decision if you are found guilty and have an appellate hearing. You may get lucky, remember I said get lucky, and have it dismissed.Got caught hot boxing by police. Yeah, judge me all you want, I know I'm stupid, just please answer this.?
Not quite sure what ';hot boxing'; is, but if it has anything to do with Mj then I know its illegal. This won't appear on your credit history unless you don't pay the fine. If the state (or county) has to take your account to collections, then yes it will be on your credit.



Depending on the laws in your state, yes the school can be notified.



If the charge is or is not on your credit history, it is still on your criminal record. Criminal records are supposed to be expunged when we reach the age of majority, but they are not. They are used to establish a history pattern, among other things. They cannot use the minor's record to assist in convicting for a new charge. Your criminal record follows you all throughout the rest of your life. Jobs, among other institutions, will look at your background.



Unsolicited advice? get your crap together and stop getting caught!!!



Good luck!
No, it won't appear on your credit history. It will appear on your criminal record.



You're 17, so I'm not sure if you've been charged as an adult. You may be able to get it expunged from your record when you turn 18 because you're a minor. If not, how long it remains on your record depends on local laws and whether or not you repeat the offense.
Sounds like you got a misdemeanor, so you won't have to answer yes to '; have you ever been convicted of a felony';. If you are going to be stupid and smoke pot, then be smart and do it in your own home. IDK if the school will find out or not. Bottom line is don't do any thing in public you don't want the folks to find out about, or that you wouldn't do in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment