Friday, October 22, 2010

How to get my partner to stop hanging out with one of his friends?

Now I'm not being nasty I am asking this because my partner whom I love very much has a friend that isn't very nice, and now that I have said he is not welcome here or next time he walks in and I'm cooking he's going to wear the fry pan I am worried he will try to break me and my man up. This guy smokes marijuana, barely works, still lives at home with his mother, he's a womanizer, in theory and practical and lies to everyone all the time just to make himself look good. My partner has known him a long time and I think he has become blind at seeing how his friend has changed. I have had other women tell me a lot of nasty stories about my partner's friend and a month ago my partner and I got into an argument about nothing really and this guy put his 2 cents in and I told his mate to leave, then he offered for my man to go out with him for pizza and leaving me to it so to speak, when my man should have stayed and sorted it out with me. Then after my man had gone out with him, the guy was sending me nasty texts. I have never liked the guy, my partner and I do not smoke marijuana and this guy will come around to our house under the influence of the stuff, every time he comes around, he eats our food, drinks our alcohol when ever we have it in the house, he never buys his own, anything. Hence why I said about the fry pan as he will always turn up when I'm cooking so I will be asked to cook extra for the guy. Now he has started phoning up when he thinks I'm not here and sly things and dumb excuses for my man to go and see him when my man works long hours, enjoys his sleep and my partner honestly doesn't have anything in common with the guy any more. What do I do?How to get my partner to stop hanging out with one of his friends?
You can't force your partner to quit hanging out with him unless you say, ';It's either me or him.';

What you should do is talk to your man and tell him how you feel about the friend. Say that you don't like the friend being around here because he acts like he lives in the house and gets involved in the conflicts that don't concern him. Say what you said here.

Try not to say it in a way thats accusing, just be calm and relaxed.



As for the guy, block his number from your phone and don't pick up the phone if he's calling the house. When he knocks on the door, don't answer either.



I hope that things work out. If not I guess you will have to find a way to deal with the friend either by telling him yourself that you don't want him around or something.



All the best!!!



Please answer mine: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>How to get my partner to stop hanging out with one of his friends?
if your partner isn't influenced by this guy's lifestyle, and they are friends then i'd just ignore the guy. if your partner IS influenced and his behavior changes when he's around the friend, then maybe you two could discuss it.



since you do not wish to cook for him or give him anything to drink, and since his presence annoys you, perhaps you could tell your partner how you feel? I'd say you feel used by the guy, and that is a good place to start.



if he came to my house when i was cooking, i'd tell him i was getting ready to eat in peace, and he'd have to leave. he'd not be able to drink my alcohol (even though i don't even drink) either.

No comments:

Post a Comment